Click here for the HHC football weekly update through Week 9 of the 2017 season.
Congrats to Players of the Week
Players of the Week
Offense: Braxton Trittipo, Mt. Vernon
Trittipo had 10 catches for 205 yards in the Marauders’ 10-6 victory over Yorktown.
Offense: Zach Neligh, New Palestine
Neligh threw for 326 yards and four TDs and ran for another TD in the Dragons’ 55-7 win over Delta.
Defense: Damon Lux, Shelbyville
Lux had two picks, including one returned for a touchdown, as well as seven tackles and two pass breakups in a win over Pendleton Heights. He also ran for 124 yards.
Conference news & notes
- New Palestine won its fifth straight HHC title and clinched its fifth consecutive perfect regular season last week with a 55-7 victory at Delta. The Dragons have won 45 consecutive regular-season games. Zach Neligh threw for 326 yards and four TDs in the contest, with J.T. Hoffman catching seven passes for 146 yards. New Palestine has now won nine HHC titles, most among conference schools. Delta (7) has the second-most. NP also finished atop the AP 5A poll, the first such finish for an HHC team since NP in 2011 (4A)
- Shelbyville clinched second place in the HHC with a 34-27 victory over Pendleton Heights. Damon Lux ran for 126 yards and Luke Reed had two TD receptions. PH’s Kirby Hess threw for 234 yards in the loss.
- New Castle clinched its first winning regular season since 1984 with a 24-14 victory over Greenfield-Central. Niah Williamson threw for 233 yards in the victory, with Luke Bumbalough catching 10 passes for 114 yards.
- Vernon’s Tyson Harley threw for 318 yards in a 10-6 win over Yorktown. Jordan Spangler had 174 yards and a TD for the Tigers.
- Seven HHC teams are in action to open sectional play this week, with New Palestine drawing a bye. There is one matchup of conference teams – Shelbyville at Mt. Vernon in Sectional 22. Shelbyville won the first meeting 35-28 on Oct. 6. Delta is defending a sectional title. HHC teams are 13-3 this season against non-conference foes.