Mt. Vernon won five events to clinch its first-ever Hoosier Heritage Conference boys swimming and diving title Saturday at New Palestine.
The Marauders snapped Greenfield-Central’s 10-year string of conference championships.
Brady Gray was a four-event winner for Mt. Vernon, as he won the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle. He teamed with Aidan Tierney, Evan Flick and Aidan Murphy to win both the 200 medley relay and 200 free relay. Tierney was a three-event winner, as he also won the 100 breaststroke.
Greenfield-Central’s Sam Logan also won three events – the 200 freestyle, the 500 freestyle and was part of the winning 400 free relay. Delta’s Brady Samuels won two individual events, the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke.
- 200 medley relay: Mt. Vernon (Aidan Murphy, Aidan Tierney, Brady Gray, Evan Flick), 1:40.82
- 200 freestyle: Sam Logan, Greenfield-C., 1:46.81
- 200 individual medley: Anthony Nagel, Greenfield-C., 1:59.03
- 50 freestyle: Brady Gray, Mt. Vernon, 22.65
- Diving: Sam Bennett, Delta, 588.65
- 100 butterfly: Brady Samuels, Delta, 48.94
- 100 freestyle: Brady Gray, Mt. Vernon, 50.73
- 500 freestyle: Sam Logan, Greenfield-C., 4:53.64
- 200 free relay: Mt. Vernon (Aidan Tierney, Brady Gray, Aidan Murphy, Evan Flick), 1:31.08
- 100 backstroke: Brady Samuels, Delta, 49.71
- 100 breaststroke: Aidan Tierney, Mt. Vernon, 57.91
- 400 free relay: Greenfield-Central (Michael Joven, Clay Griffin, Sam Logan, Anthony Nagel), 3:21.01
2020-21 Boys swimming and diving standings
|1||Mt. Vernon Marauders||394|
|4||New Palestine Dragons||233|
|6||New Castle Trojans||225|
|7||Pendleton Heights Arabians||211|
|8||Shelbyville Golden Bears||120|