The Mt. Vernon Marauders won the Hoosier Heritage Conference boys track title Thursday, May 13, claiming their first title since 2016.
MV won with 156 points, outdistancing second-place Pendleton Heights by a 60-point margin. Delta (92) finished third.
MV won six events. George Burhenn swept the hurdles races, D.J. Marble won the 100 meters and the Marauders swept the relays.
Other double-winners were Pendleton Heights’ Avry Carpenter (1600, 3200) and Andrew Harvey (shot put, discus) and Delta’s Abram Stitt (high jump, long jump).
Individual HHC champions
- 100: D.J. Marble, Mt. Vernon, 11.24
- 200: Quinn Backus, Delta, 22.79
- 400: Jace Logston, New Castle, 50.67
- 800: Caleb Grow, New Castle, 2:04.38
- 1600: Avry Carpenter, Pendleton Heights, 4:30.93
- 3200: Avry Carpenter, Pendleton Heights, 10:01.94
- 110HH: George Burhenn, Mt. Vernon, 15.48
- 300IH: George Burhenn, Mt. Vernon, 40.99
- 4×100 relay: Mt. Vernon 43.72
- 4×400 relay: Mt. Vernon 3:31.70
- 4×800 relay: Mt. Vernon 8:28.38
- High jump: Abram Stitt, Delta, 6-4
- Pole valut: Cody Hargett, Greenfield-Central, 14-0
- Long jump: Abram Stitt, Delta, 20-11
- Shot put: Andrew Harvey, Pendleton Heights, 58-2
- Discus: Andrew Harvey, Pendleton Heights, 182-9
2021 Boys Track & Field Standings
|1||Mt. Vernon Marauders||156|
|2||Pendleton Heights Arabians||96|
|6||New Palestine Dragons||61|
|7||New Castle Trojans||58|
|8||Shelbyville Golden Bears||13|